Friday, June 1, 2012

Arms High and Heart Abandoned

One of my favorite songs is "The Stand", by Hillsong United. The past few weeks I have been listening to it all the time, and really contemplating the words and how it applies to my life. Lately, I have been thinking about what the phrase "all I am is Yours" really means. What does that look like in my life? As I sit and contemplate this phrase, I can think of many areas in my life that I haven't surrendered to the Lord. Worship songs are powerful, and this particular one has been causing me to re-examine the priorities in my life and how I can truly have a heart abandoned to Christ and acknowledge that everything I have is His.

"Then Jesus told his disciples, 'If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.  For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?'" - Matthew 16:24-26 

Am I willing to lose my life for Christ? I am praying that the Lord shows me what complete heart abandonment, having all I am as His, and losing my life for His name and for His cause looks like this summer and during my time in Costa Rica. Sometimes being taken out of my comfort zone and shaken up is what I need to have God reveal areas in my life that need to be adjusted. Just a little food for thought! :) 12 DAYS TILL DEPARTURE!

"So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours"


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for your future Costa Rica updates & so excited to see what God has in store for you!!

    ReplyDelete